Saturday, June 5, 2010

We're There!

Estimated time of departure: 10 days.

Well, last, Tuesday was the final time we, as in all the Ivy League Connection students and parents, would meet before our respective trips. I can't believe this is it. No more "one step closer" and such. It's just that last step, the one to board the plane. Throughout the meeting all I could think about is "we're going, we're going." That's all I could think about. Good thing everything was on paper. I know it is an important meeting, but that is all I could think about. It was nice to hear all the parents chat and the chaperones introducing themselves, but we are there.


It's not that I don't care about the chaperones, it's just its so much. I feel I am lucky to have Ms. Bulls as my chaperone. She took this not as a job or a duty, but as a mother. She even had everything in binders to make our lives a bit easier. I know she will do perfectly fine and I can't wait to spend more time with her along with the other students!


It is great to be in such caring hands. From Mr. Ramsey teaching us life lessons, Ms. Kronenberg showing us that everything will have an upside, Don for having our backs, and all the chaperones for being the parent needed to be with us. It is such a great honor to be in this program and I will be in this connection for as long as I could.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew,

    It almost sounds as if the actual class at Brown will be something of a letdown after the build up you're giving this trip.

    We've been trying to impress upon you all since Day 1 that we're going to do everything we can to make this trip a success for you all. We've tried to anticipate as many stumbling blocks as we can so we can sweep them out of the way. Life is tough enough on its own--we don't want anything getting in our way if we don't have to. I'm sure we've missed a few things along the way but we're still working to make this the adventure of your lifetime.

    You've got a great group of fellow Brownies to travel and spend time with, your chaperone certainly has the enthusiasm necessary to make your experience fun and, of course, Brown University isn't something to sneeze at.

    Before you get yourself all worked up and get light headed, remember to just breathe. Let it soak in and enjoy the moment.

    And take lost of photos along the way.

    ReplyDelete