Monday, June 21, 2010

Action Packed First Day of Class

Today was the first day of classes and it was really exciting. In the morning we woke up bright and early, where I had the chance to make a waffle. I now know that the food at Brown is very exciting and very awake. Its almost as if you could never have the same thing twice.

After that, it was onward to class, which Stephanie and I had no trouble finding, but it was a bit empty without the other four with us. 

The class itself was just one big bundle of knowledge and the teacher, Mr. Li, gave us a lecture on the Introduction of Finance and Marketing. We will be doing group portfolios in groups of 3-5, and I have found a group of 5 to join, so I think I am acclimating quite well.

Following class, we had lunch where I once again had a nice encounter with a panini press and some fries. But more importantly, we signed up for a trip to Boston on Saturday so I think it is safe to say that we are taking advantage of the activities and programs provided here at Brown University.

Speaking of activities, I also made it into the A Capella choir at Brown. Just for background, this program was started last year and they get to practice and perform like a real college choir.

Today was full of action and never short of fun! I think it is safe to say that, with the combination of the great class facilities and activities, this will be worth a big bunch of effort from everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew,

    My, how things have changed in just a day or so.

    It doesn't seem like all that long ago you all were writing in such a way that we might be seeing on CNN about the great Brown University food riots. From what I read from your blogs the food was so terrible that we weren't sure if you'd be able to survive.

    Now it seems as though you've fallen in love with it. Between the waffles and the panini press it sounds like you're in hog heaven.

    It's nice to read that you're acclimating to your new surroundings and have even found the time for trips and extracurricular activities. Sounds like fun.

    Maybe in the next day or so you can go into more detail about your class.

    ReplyDelete