Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nervous and Excited

I have packed and repacked over and over again. I have a list of everything I am taking and have checked it twice but I am still nervous about whether I have everything. I'm sure I do but YOU NEVER KNOW. 

My mom is going crazy with emotions and my dad is, too. Even my dog knows something is going on. 

I am about to experience the most exciting and challenging journey of my life so far. This will be the test for my family and I to see if I should go to college out of state. We will see how I do. Can not wait to go!

2 comments:

  1. Awww.. Thats so nice! Did you end up using 2 suit cases?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,

    The whole college process is a learning experience for everyone. You've written about just one small part of the process: separation anxiety. Can you embrace being away from your parents for even this three week period and will your parents be able to get by knowing that their little baby is on the other side of the country? These are tough questions for a great many families but this will help you all to decide.

    There's no law requiring it but sooner or later we all leave the nest--some by choice and some out of necessity. How you prepare for this and how you and your family handle it is the big unknown at this time.

    At the time of this writing I've already seen you off to the airport. Having weighed your luggage I'm pretty confident you've packed everything you need--or maybe you've just thrown in a bunch of stuff you don't need. For a relatively small woman your bag was bursting at the seams and right at the weight limit.

    I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts in the blog over the next three and a half weeks. And don't forget to take plenty of photos.

    ReplyDelete