Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Day in Boston



Starting at 7:30 in the morning, our fellow Brownies and I went to breakfast at Starbucks and then got on the bus to go to Boston. It took one hour to get from Providence to Boston. On the bus, I couldn’t keep my eyes off the beautiful views we passed by. The cities, the ocean, and the architects were pleasing to the eye.

At around 9 o’clock, we arrived at the historical city of Boston. It was the second time we went to Boston. Because the Brown Summer program only provided rides to a market center and a free day in the city, We had to figure out how to get around the place by ourselves, and that was considered the most challenging part of the day by me. I was envious about Megan and Stephanie's direction skills while realizing how important that skill will be when I enter college. It even took me quite a while to get around in Brown. Having a good sense of direction is definitely an advantage.

Our first stop in Boston was the Boston Commons, one of the most populous areas in the city. We followed Stephanie to one of her dream stores -- Johnny Cupcakes and then Boston’s speciality – Boston chowder. We had a great time in the city hanging out together and sensing how busy an East Coast city can get.

Another highlight of the day was the Water-fire Festival in Providence. According to my residential advisor, the festival is only held a couple times in the summer. I felt very lucky to be able to see this cultural element of Providence – it was also the first festival of the summer. Even though we didn’t get to spend enough time by the pond or river where the festival was held. We were all amazed by the sereneness and the magic of fire on water.

2 comments:

  1. Zijun,

    That had to be great to have an opportunity to visit such a great place and take a break from your studies all at the same time.

    Hitching your wagon to Steph and Megan sounds like a good idea. working as a team has advantages as long as the team knows what it's doing. Sounds like these two knew how to get round without getting lost.

    I would have loved to have been there with you all. Boston sounds like a fun place to visit on a nice Saturday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zijun,

    I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed the photos. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete