Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Finally in Providence

This morning, the six Brownies gathered at PVHS to say our final goodbyes before our departure to the Oakland International Airport. The shuttle bus came just in time after Don snapped a photo of us and our chaperone, Ms. Bulls.

Fortunately, we had time to spare before our first stop to Las Vegas. Thus, we had time to have an All- American breakfast. The flight to Vegas took approximately one and a half hours, but the overlap to Providence took nearly five plus hours. That was the longest sitting session ever. Snacks, soft drinks, and a turkey provolone sandwich kept me seated.

When we finally claimed our baggage, a red minivan was rented and ready for us. We headed back to the Hilton Hotel, which I must say is a great choice. Luckily, I was one of the fortunate ones to have my own room, and to add to that- Zijun and Megan were adjacent to my room which made it convenient to go back and forth without knocking on each other's doors. Tomorrow we are scheduled to take the train to New York to visit Columbia University. I am thrilled to see the Big Apple for the very first time, and to learn what makes Columbia unique.

Although today is just my first day here, I can already feel the good vibes of Providence. From the people here to the ambience, it is definitely a different experience but a fantastic learning experience. Rhode Island may be a small state, but certainly has big things in store for us!

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie,

    I suppose I should have checked the itinerary a little closer--I had no idea we were routing you through Sin City!

    So you enjoyed your five and a half hour flight, did you? Try one of those thirteen hour flights like I had a few years back. You may have noticed that I'm a little bigger than you are so maybe you can imagine just how comfortable that small seat was for me for half a day. I can barely make do on a one hour flight to LA so that was a real toughie.

    I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on your trip to The Big Apple--it should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete