Friday, June 4, 2010

We're Only One Step Away!

Time is going by so quickly. The orientation this Tuesday made the trip become more real than it already is. I am so excited! I can’t wait until July 7th finally comes!


Not only will I be able to attend the Brown University program during the summer, but also visit some other great colleges in the East Coast such as Connecticut College and Wellesley College. I am so thankful for this great opportunity. I will do as Mr. Ramsey said and be open minded about the colleges since this can greatly affect my decision when I apply to go to college.

Afterwards, when we broke out in groups to meet with our chaperones, I was so happy to see that Eugena Stewart will be our chaperone. She seemed really nice.

Mr. Ramsey came into our classroom and explained what we are going to do on the trip. It was really helpful to have Mr. Ramsey tell us step by step what we are going to do. It sounds like a lot of moving around, but I find this really exciting!

I am so thrilled that I simply can not wait until July 7th! I know this will be an awesome summer! Thank you all who made this trip possible for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Lucero,

    As the old adage says: you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

    We've put together this adventure for you as well as we can. We've tried to get you prepared beforehand; we've made a lot of introductions to help you get your mind ready; we've provided books where applicable; we've arranged for college tours and arranged to meet people that can help open doors for you and we've even enrolled you in a class that should open your mind.

    All of this will be for naught, though, if we can't rely on you all to go in with an open mind and, like a sponge, soak it all in.

    We've selected a great group of ILC cohorts this year and we're all just as excited as you are about what's in front of you.

    ReplyDelete