Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our First Day in Providence

Hi guys! Today has been a hectic day.

At 5 in the morning our group met in front of Pinole Valley High School. After saying goodbye to our parents and receiving good luck wishes from Mr. Ramsey, Ms. Kronenberg and Don, we left in a shuttle bus and headed to the Oakland International Airport. Most of us had heavy luggage but the journey was made easy because everyone in the group never hesitates to give help.

We arrived at Providence Airport at around 5:30 pm EST. It felt like the shortest day ever in my life because of the time zone problem. But it was also one of the longest days in my life because I was so eager to be in Providence and start my study at Brown University!

A car was rented for us so we were able to drive around in Providence. This city has left me a very nice impression -- it is small and serene, a perfect environment for studying.

Our next stop will be Columbia University in NYC.

1 comment:

  1. Zijun,

    Sounds like you're having a good time. Already I'm envious.

    After your trip to New York I'm guessing you'll have some great insights about what you saw and experienced. I can't wait to read your next blog.

    Oh, and if you get a chance, remind everyone that we need photos. Here it is the end of Day 1 and the only photos I'm seeing are the ones I took before you left.

    Remember, Zijun, words are nice but words with photos are even nicer.

    ReplyDelete