Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Classes Continue

Today was far more casual and relaxed compared to yesterday. In those other days, you could tell people were not secure. It used to be that during our meals, it would be just us eating at the table, but as time goes by, the number of occupants at the table is increasing and everyone is making new friends and allowing us a chance to meet them. I'd say most of us are getting well acquainted with our roommates and are visiting each other more often.

During class, it was very active; I saw myself asking more questions without having to worry about people going "Agh." I think that it is very comforting to be in a class with people that want to actually learn. The class is about finance and the reading is very dense. This is good because unlike high school books, it isn't filled with pointless adjectives. This is the time where studying for the SAT vocabulary comes in handy. 

Tomorrow we will be doing our first group project. We will be choosing a stock or bond and then have all our choices combined in order to make a successful portfolio. I am very excited about this because it gives us some hands on research in the name of finance.

In the afternoon, I went to see the movie Toy Story 3 with the other students in the level. It was unfortunate my fellow cohorts could not join, but due to different RA's and levels, it was not possible. I think this would count as one of the many future events happening on the floor. Everyday seems to get better and better and it is also happening a lot faster than it seems and I really think it is fascinating that Ms. Bulls rented another vehicle. As a big fan of automobiles, this is an epiphany.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew,

    I can tell already that we may need to throw some extra work your way. Already you've had time to join a choir, go shopping and see a movie. I certainly don;t remember college being anything like that.

    Since you have so much 'free' time, maybe you can snap a photo or two and send them our way. Write to us in greater detail about what you're experiencing. Tell us EVERYTHING, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete