Saturday, June 12, 2010

Getting Ready for the Departure

Last Tuesday, all the ILC students and parents met again at the Orientation. We split into travel groups and went over the details for studying and living on the campus of Brown University! In one week and two days, Megan, Austin, William, Andrew, Stephanie and I will start our journey with our chaperone-- Ms. Bulls. Later in the week I received my Orientation packet from Brown which includes all the details about room and board. Everything has became so real!

Also it was such a pleasure to meet at the La Strada brunch Sue Kim, who is now my college mentor! I was also lucky enough to have an appointment and meet with her again after applying for the ILC mentorship program. After meeting with her, I got plenty of college information and a much, much clearer goal for college. I'm very excited about attending a workshop of hers on the 14th.


School is finally over. Summer starts officially now! It's time to start packing and getting my nerves ready for Brown!

1 comment:

  1. Zijun,

    You're right--the time is now. By my clock you'll be boarding the shuttle in just about 50 hours and then you're off to Rhode Island.

    Considering the class you'll be taking (Techniques in DNA-Based Biotechnology), it's difficult to make this sound sincere but I think you're going to have the time of your life.

    Let's not forget to blog every day and post lots of photos--I truly love those photos.

    ReplyDelete