Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Big Apple and The Ivy League

The train ride to New York was not as bad as the plane ride but it was still extremely long. 

When we got off the train we got right on to the subway. We took a ferry ride to Staten Island and on the way there and back we got to see the Statue of Liberty, some bridges, and some famous landscapes. 

Our next stop was Columbia were I learned that it was a pretty cool school. I really liked its environment and the diversity it presented but I was disappointed by the fact that they did not seem to offer the major that I want. I liked that they had a core curriculum and thought the classes that they required were practical. 

It was nice and all but I don't think that I could go to college there; it was just too crowded and busy. 

After we went to the information session and the tour we were able to go to Times Square. This was the one place that I wanted to go when they told us we were going to New York. I enjoyed all of the crowds, cars, and fancy signs. It was really nice but after a while I think I would have gone crazy from all the people smoking and all the noise. Times Square was the highlight of my day and I had lots of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Megan,

    Glad you enjoyed your visit to NYC and to Columbia.

    Seems like you learned something from both parts of the trip: not only may Columbia not be the right school for you but New York City may not be the place you want to live for four years. Both are good to know before you commit.

    As you see more sights and experience more things, please try to tell us EVERYTHING as though we're not there. Oh, wait a minute! We're NOT there. We have to live these experiences through you, Megan, so tell us what you're seeing, what you're feeling and even--as Andrew did--what you're smelling.

    I'm looking forward to reading more from all of you as the days progress.

    ReplyDelete