Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Penultimate Day

Today was the second to last day of class. We focused completely on our final projects in class today. We all crammed to fit in as much as possible, but in the end, we were unable to finish the projects on time. If I were to finish, I would still need an additional two days to finish the project, because my cells need time to grow and divide. After class, Will and I went to the Rhode Island School of Design to check out their museum.
--RISD Museum--
--Will in awe of the paintings--
--Twentieth Century Art--
--Buddha--
--"Under The Influence"--
The museum was amazing, with dozens upon dozens of astonishing and inspiring works. Unfortunately, halfway through I was caught using my camera, so I had to stop. But it was a fantastic experience, and I was truly inspired and dazzled by some of the artworks. It was a great way to spend the last free afternoon of my Brown experience.

It was saddening in that I realized how quickly these last 3 weeks have passed by. In these last 3 weeks, I've had the honor of representing WCCUSD and the ILC here at Brown, and I have had a splendid time doing it. Thank you to ILC for giving me the distinguished honor of representing my school and district here at Brown.

1 comment:

  1. Austin,

    As I was enjoying these great photos I kept wondering how you got away with snapping them in the museum. I don't know too many museums that allow photographs to be taken.

    Now I understand that you were just violating the rules. :-) Shame on you, Austin--but nice photos.

    ReplyDelete