Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Day at the Beach

Today we visited the beach! It was a lot of fun for me, because I usually don't visit the beach back in California. We boarded the bus at Kennedy Plaza, which is in the heart of downtown Providence. Because we are Summer@Brown students, we are considered Brown students for the summer, which may sound insignificant but has a large impact on what we can do. As Brown students, we have many discounts available to us, from stores on Thayer Street to outlets in the shopping center. We also have the luxury of taking the Rhode Island Public Transportation Agency (RIPTA) for free to any destination. All we have to do is to swipe our Brown Student Identification card, and that's it! It makes transportation around Rhode Island very easy and efficient.

--Sandy Beaches--

After the hour and a half bus ride there, we disembarked from the bus to be welcomed by a blast of humid beach weather! I had fun walking through the waves and building sand castles.

--Amazing Providence Orchestra--

After the beach, we went to India Point Park to watch the spectacular fireworks show. I wish I had found a good place to position my camera, but unfortunately I didn't. I ended up trying to stabilize my camera on top of my head or holding it very tightly. Nonetheless, here's the best of my pictures.
--Fireworks at Providence--




--Providence at Night--




1 comment:

  1. These photos are very nice! It looks like you had a fun 4th of July! :-)

    ReplyDelete