Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Brown Love

For some reason, I felt a lot of love from Brown today.

I sensed love from my friends. Today I woke up at 8 o'clock, which is pretty late for our meeting time for breakfast. I got ready as fast as I could but still received a ton of messages from Stephanie, Megan and Brandon. They asked what happened to me and where was I. I could tell that they were worried about me just because I slept-in. After they understood my situation, they immediately sent me their location and expected me to go meet them so we could have breakfast together. I really appreciated what they did for me this morning. They did not let me feel left out because even going to breakfast everyday became a part of routine. I can't imagine how I am going to spend my mornings without everyone when I get back.

I also like the cheeriness from my professor. Something was wrong with my short experiment today. I tried 3 times and I kept getting the non-ideal results. Ms. Hall noticed my problem and went over the whole procedure with me. Later in the day, she also helped me with my homework and brainstormed with me for my final independent project. I am very thankful that I have such a responsible instructor.

I even received attention from a passer-by. After coming out of class, I was really tired from working and sweating under the sun so I was walking very slow. One girl (looked like a formal Brown student) walked up to me and asked if everything was alright with me. I was surprised that even a stranger cares about me. Although this has been a tough day in terms of heat torture, I still had a great day with all the love and care I received.

1 comment:

  1. Zijun,

    There are good people all around you and on this day you came across two more of them. The first being your instructor who stood by you to help you through the problems with your experiments and the second a total stranger who saw something about you that told her she had to check in on you.

    Ask yourself, Zijun, how you would have reacted had the shoe been on the other foot. I'm betting you would have been there, too, to lend a hand without having to be asked.

    ReplyDelete