Thursday, July 1, 2010

Appreciating East and West

We have reached our mid-point mark. It seems as if every day is going by quicker and quicker and I am feeling more reluctant to return back to California. Why? I've finally adjusted and adapted to this environment and have enjoyed it more as the days pass. I can finally navigate my way around Brown's campus, and don't hesitate whether to turn left or turn right to reach my destination anymore. 

Inside my dorm, I feel as if everything is there within my fingertips reach. My laptop for Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint are there when I need to complete my homework and projects. Internet is available 24/7 when I need it to research or even surf the web. A suitcase filled with clothes, three pairs of shoes, and bath products are also conveniently there when I need it. It doesn't differ too much from my own room back home except for the fact that instead of my sister sharing a room with me, my roomie Sera is right by me.

Although this place has become familiar to most of us now, we are still discovering interesting and new statues to see and restaurants to try. On the day the Brownies took a trip to Boston, we were ready to fill our stomachs with Au bon Pain yet it didn't quite work out becasue of the long line. We still need to try their artisan bread before we leave.

Outside of Providence, the rest of Rhode Island is still waiting for us. Not only Rhode Island, but also the bordering states including Conneticut, New York, New Jersey, and Massachussetts. A lot is in store for us and the East Coast is just as massive as the West and holds the same amount of opportunities for us. Many colleges here have a fantastic reputation, small or big. Regardless of which coast you live in, both are equally favorable.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie,

    There's an old saying: the more things change the more they stay the same.

    No matter where you are, for the most part, people are all the same. The scenery may change but the rest stays the same. We want you all to just reach out and grab a slice of whatever's new and different. Once you do, you'll find that you're rally right at home there.

    ReplyDelete