Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Closer Look

What I liked the best about Sunday's brunch at La Strada restaurant was that it offered me a closer look at Brown University. By concentrating on the Brown students and on the very important guests, the ILC allowed me to ask more in-depth questions and learn more extensively about Brown. I enjoyed meeting guests which included Admissions Officers Mercedes Domenech and Elizabeth Hart as well as Julianne Sum (Brown alum and parent).

I'm very excited about the mentorship opportunity represented by Ms. Sum. It's too bad that we won't be able to start right away this summer, but I think it's great that it's happening at all.

Coronado Principal Linda Cohen opened my eyes to ways that we as ILC students could give back to our community. I will definitely find a way to connect to the young students in the district schools on my return from our summer trip.

Thank you everybody for taking the time to organize and attend this event which inspired and educated me so much. The speakers' words will continue to echo in my mind.


1 comment:

  1. Irene,

    We often hear from our kids about how they're going to give back to the community. We hear them tell us about how they're going to be ambassadors for the ILC and spread the word.

    When the return from back east, though, more often than not it's like we can't get them to return phone calls and reply to emails.

    I suspect, though, that you'll be one of the exceptions and we'll be seeing great things from you. I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete