Sunday, May 16, 2010

Brunch with the Brown Admission Officers!

Today’s brunch at La Strada went great. I had the great opportunity to learn more about Brown University through Mercedes and Elizabeth. It was really an honor to get to hear about Brown through these wonderful women. After hearing all they had to say about Brown, I felt like I really liked that university even more than before. Their speeches made me really want to go to Brown. I eagerly want to see all the wonderful things they talked about.

When it was my turn to speak in front of everyone, I was a little nervous. I realized that my cheat sheet for my speech was actually making me more nervous, so I decided to not use it. Afterwards I felt good. I also liked Austin’s speech. Everyone who spoke did a great job. I felt really inspired after hearing Antonio Medrano’s speech. His speech encouraged me to continuing doing my best and to try to learn as much as I can.

One thing I really liked the most was hearing about Brown's study abroad programs. It has always been my goal to study abroad because I feel I would benefit greatly from learning from new cultures and new environments.

Overall, like always this dinner went really well. Everyone was really friendly. I also loved the food. I enjoyed speaking with everyone. Juliann seemed really nice. She gave me her perspective and also her daughter’s experience in Brown University. Once again, I would like to thank everyone who made this brunch possible.

I can’t wait until our next meeting for our orientation on June 1st.

1 comment:

  1. Lucero,

    You did a fantastic job in speaking to all of us. You spoke from the heart and told us your feelings about being in the program. Remember you only get better by trying and hopefully you will continue to do public speaking. You were good at it.

    The Ivy League Connection wants to open doors and challenge young people so that they can see themselves at the highest levels in society. Today, you had a chance to listen and to learn from those at Brown University. How exciting for you to actually have admissions officers right in your backyard. It is not every day that you have a chance to experience this as a student.

    Now is your time to share your journey with others at Richmond High School and let them understand that being part of the best is possible.

    Thanks again.

    Charles T. Ramsey

    ReplyDelete