Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Exceptional Class of 2015


The past few days have been filled with emotions. I was nervous about what I would think of Denison, once I arrived I was nervous about the difference in culture, and then when I got up this morning I was nervous about if Denison was the right choice. I have come to the conclusion that Denison is an absolutely amazing school that offers exactly what I want from my education. They have small class sizes, great professors (all with doctorates), rigorous classes, an array of extracurricular activities, and good people. Although they are only NCAA division III, the school is still filled with spirit. In talking to the current students, everyone is proud be a part of Denison.

I read an article in “The Denisonian” today that talked about this year’s acceptance rate going down to 48%. I didn’t really understand the value of this until the article explained that less than half the universities in the United States have an acceptance rate under 50%. The article talked about how the class was “sculpted a class rather than simply making one”. This article really made me feel like I had earned my spot into Denison’s class of 2015. After the past few days filled with confusion and frustration I can finally rest a bit. This article makes me feel as though the Class of 2015 will be knowledgeable, hardworking, and passionate about being a student at Denison. What I mean by this is that the students value hard work, but also appreciate having fun. Choosing between UC Davis and Denison has gotten easier because of this trip. If not for the amazing Carla and the generous ILC, I would have never truly known how great Denison really is. My choice is now between a big school or a small school, but I think I’m close to a decision after this visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment